Click here to read the Updated FAQ
MAJOR FAQ's ANSWERED:
1. ALL CELEBS WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR MEETING, SIGNING AUTOGRAPHS AND SELLING MERCHANDISE FOR ALL 3 DAYS UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED ON THEIR ANNOUNCEMENT BANNER (ON THE WEBSITE)
2. ALL CELEBS CHARGE $40 OR LESS FOR AN AUTOGRAPH EXCEPT FOR : MALCOLM MCDOWELL $50, SKEET ULRICH: $50 AND MATTHEW LILLARD $50. MOST OFTHE FRIDAY FRANCHISE GROUP IS $30 OR LESS
3. NO THE GUYS FROM GHOST HUNTERS ARE NOT DOING A PHOTO OP THIS YEAR..PER THEIR DECISION. THEY ARE STILL AVAILABLE FOR MEETING, AND "SELFIES" AT THEIR TABLE. NO PRICING AVAILABLE FOR THEM.. BUT THEY FIT INTO THE $40 OR LESS GUIDELINE ABOVE
4. YES WE STILL ALLOW PHOTOS AT THE CELEB TABLES EVEN THOUGH WE HAVE PROFESSIONAL PHOTO OPS! (Thats something that makes ScareFest Different!). HOWEVER..MANY CELEBS, CHOOSE ON THEIR OWN.. NOT TO OFFER THE SELFIE OPTION (PHOTO WITH THEM AT BOOTH) WHEN THEY HAVE COMMITTED TO A PHOTO OP. WE HAVE QUITE A FEW THIS YEAR THAT MAY NOT BE DOING TABLE PICS PER THE AGENT/CELEB REQUEST, HOWEVER NO CONFIRMATION FOR PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT IS AVAILABLE (Long story short.your better off to buy the photo op)
5. PHOTO OPS! YES WE ARE VERY CLOSE TO SELLING OUT ON A COUPLE OF THEM RIGHT NOW (GWAR/JASONS/WOMEN) IF THESE HAPPEN TO SELL OUT THEY WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE AT THE SHOW. (ALL OF OUR PHOTO OPS HAVE A VERY STRICT LIMIT FOR SALES THIS YEAR!)
6. YES WE SELL ADMISSION TICKETS AT THE SHOW. NOT JUST PRESALE! WE ALSO SELL WHATEVER PHOTO OPS ARE LEFT AND ANY SPECIAL EVENTS THAT HAVE NOT SOLD OUT AT OUR TICKET OFFICE AS WELL..... HOWEVER..YOU CAN STILL PURCHASE TICKETS/PHOTO OPS/EVENTS/ ETC DURING THE SHOW FROM YOUR PHONE OR TABLET! WE LEAVE ONLINE SALES UP ALL WEEKEND FOR CONVENIENCE!
7; KIDS 10 AND UNDER ARE FREE ALL WEEKEND! TWEEN TICKETS AGES 11-17 ARE HALF PRICE ADMISSION AT TICKET OFFICE ONLY! HERO DAY FRIDAY..INCLUDES ALL MILITARY..AND FIRST RESPONDERS..FREE ADMISSION! YES FRIDAY IS OPEN TO THE PUBLIC.. NOT A "VIP" DAY AS WITH MANY CONS. YOU MUST PURCHASE ADMISSION THOUGH.
8. YES YOU MAY COME IN COSTUME! WE ENCOURAGE IT!
9. THE LAUNCH PARTY ON THURSDAY & VIP PARTY ON FRIDAY ARE BOTH 21+. SATURDAY'S COSTUME BALL IS ALL AGES.
10. BOTH GHOST HUNT EVENTS ARE ALL AGES. YOU MUST BE 21+ TO PARTICIPATE IN THE BOURBON & BEER TASTING.
11. OUR HOURS FOR FRIDAY ARE 4-9 WITH VIP'S ADMITTED FOR THE BLACK CARPET & MEDIA ARRIVAL AT 3PM
12. OUR PHONE LINES STAY BUSY OR UNAVAILABLE THIS TIME OF YEAR AND DURING THE SHOW..FOR QUICK ANSWERS VISIT THE INFO BOOTH AT THE SHOW... OR JOIN THE SCAREFEST FAN GROUP ON FACEBOOK AND POST YOUR QUESTION! WE WILL BE WORKING THAT GROUP ALL WEEKEND: https://www.facebook.com/groups/scarefest.horror.paranormal/?fref=ts
Frequently Asked Questions
ScareFest weekend will be here before you know it, and we are sure you have lots of questions. We are going to try to put you at ease by anticipating what you might like to know before heading out for Lexington to go to ScareFest. Please try to reach us by email first. For all other inquiries please call 859-576-5517.
About the Event:
1. What is the ScareFest?
The ScareFest is an annual Horror and Paranormal Convention that takes place in beautiful downtown Lexington, Kentucky. ScareFest started in 2008 as a three day event held at the Lexington Center, which is a huge, state of the art facility.
2. What does The ScareFest have to offer?
The ScareFest is for all ages of fans that love the horror and paranormal. For our awesome ninth annual ScareFest 2016 we plan to have another amazing cast of horror stars and paranormal TV celebrities. Opening on Friday 30th ScareFest offers a fun 3-day weekend with stars, Vip party, Costume Ball, ghost hunts, seminars, workshops, Q&As, celebrity panels, magic show, freak show, costumers, and cosplay just to mention a few. There will be horror and paranormal films showing at the Izzy’s Little Creepers Film Festival. Be amazed at the many different and unique dealers offering horror memorabilia along with metaphysical tools, and ghost hunting merchandise. There will be lots of psychic readers, intuitive healers, aura photography, and much more for attendees to enjoy! These are just some of the many reasons why you should come and experience the ScareFest Convention for yourself!
3. When is the ScareFest?
Friday, September 30th through Sunday, October 2, 2016.
4. Where is the Lexington Center located?
430 W. Vine St., Lexington KY 40507
5. Is your event wheelchair accessible?
Yes. It is a state of the art building with lots of amenities. We offer an exclusive “wide aisle” floorplan for our fans’ comfort and access.
6. Are there ATM machines?
Yes. ATM’s are located in the food court and Rupp Arena lobby. There is also an ATM located in the Hyatt Regency lobby, located adjacent to the Lexington Center.
7. What time does the Admission Box Office open each day?
Friday, Sept 30: 3pm-9pm
Saturday, Oct 1: 9am-8pm
Sunday, Oct 2: 10am-3pm
8. What time is the ScareFest open each day?
Friday, Sept. 30, 2016
• Vendor/Stars Area: 3pm (Early Entry Special Ticket) – 10pm
• Vendor/Stars Area: 4pm (General Public) – 10pm
Saturday, Oct 1, 2016
• Vendor/Stars Area: 10am (Early Entry Special Ticket) – 9pm
• Vendor/Stars Area : 11am (General Public) – 9pm
Sunday, Oct 2, 2016
• Vendor/Stars Area: 10am (Early Entry Special Ticket) – 4pm
• Vendor/Stars Area: 11am (General Public) – 4pm
*There are numerous after-hours events, some of which you can access with your ScareFest pass, and others which require separate passes.*
9. I want to wait until the weekend of the show to buy my membership, is that ok?
Absolutely. Since we are having ScareFest at Lexington Center, a state of the arts building, with 87,000 sq.ft. of area for our event, WE WILL NOT SELL OUT OF MEMBERSHIPS. No one will be turned away. ScareFest will have wider aisles, perfect temperature control, and we have the fire marshal’s blessing.
Please note that memberships sold in advance online are discounted $5 off from the cost at the door. You can buy these memberships on line from now until the last day of the con. Please buy your memberships online and get a great savings. Also you can buy other options including photo ops, workshops, panels, celebrity ghost hunts, and more. Click Here to purchase your items online.
10. Who are this year’s guests?
We have Horror Guests and Paranormal Guests along with rock stars and Scifi favorites, all of which are listed on their various pages on the ScareFest website.
11. How can I get updates on this year’s show?
We post updates to FaceBook, Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, and Pinterest. You can also sign up for our newsletter on our ScareFest homepage.
Rules and Policies:
The ScareFest is not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged property, or for injuries sustained during the course of the convention.
2. Membership Passes
The passes that you purchase online will be sent to you through your email. Please copy and bring with you. You will avoid the long lines and go directly to the entrance with your copy of your email admission code.
Inside the convention you will be able to buy beer at the concession stand. Alcohol is not permitted in the common areas of the Lexington Center. Possession of alcoholic beverages by anyone under 21 years of age is grounds for criminal charges along with expulsion from the convention without refund. There is an outdoor smoking area at the Convention Center. In accordance with Lexington State Law, smoking is prohibited anywhere inside the building. Violators will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
We reserve the right to ask you to leave the convention and refuse to refund your pass purchase if you are behaving in an inappropriate way. We have a zero tolerance for harassment or bullying policy.
5. Cameras, Photography, and/or Video
Please use common sense when taking photographs and videos. Always ask permission to photograph anyone else on the show floor – this includes those in costume. They have permission to tell you ‘no photos’. Do not stop and take photos in aisles, as this clogs traffic dangerously. We have provided photo areas for you. If you choose to upload any of your photos or videos online to any of our official pages we reserve the right to use these in our marketing and /or re-posting as well as removing them from our sites.
6. Cancellation policy
Announced events and guests are subject to change and/or cancellation without notice. Every effort will be made to announce any changes via the Internet, pre-convention publications and our on-site newsletter, but sometimes last-minute changes will occur.
7. Costumed Actors, Cosplay rules
Please wear appropriate (or at least enough) clothing while attending the Con. The ScareFest reserves the right to enforce decency rules and you may be subject to removal.
8. Disability policy
The ScareFest disability policy contains special line access for anyone that identifies themselves to our on-site staph located at the information booth. In some cases where we cannot provide immediate front-of-the-line access, we have chairs available for waiting in line. ScareFest floor plan includes wide aisles for our fans comfort.
9. Anti-Harassment Policy
The ScareFest mission is to create a safe, awesome environment where fans of all kinds can come together. We have a zero tolerance policy for harassment of any kind.
Harassment includes offensive verbal comments (related to race, gender, sexual orientation, body size, disability, appearance and religion), overly sexual images in public spaces, deliberate intimidation, stalking, harassing photography or recording, sustained disruption of talks or other events, inappropriate physical contact and unwelcome sexual attention.
Exhibitors, sponsors, staph and guests are subject to our anti-harassment policy as well and have also been informed. In particular, exhibitors should not use images or material that surpasses a PG-13 rating at their booths. Booth staph (including volunteers) should not use over-sexualized clothing/uniforms/costumes.
If a person engages in harassing behavior, The ScareFest Security Staph may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including expulsion from The ScareFest (with no refund). If you are being harassed, witness someone else being harassed or have any other concerns, please contact a member of the ScareFest staph immediately (identifiable by neon green or yellow t-shirts. We are happy to contact our local law enforcement, provide escort, a safe place or otherwise assist those experiencing harassment to feel safe for the duration of the convention.
All attendees, exhibitors and staph are subject to this anti-harassment policy and are expected to follow these rules.
10. Can I bring a suitcase, stroller, handcart, or something similar to The ScareFest exhibit hall?
Please be aware that handcarts, trolleys, over-sized strollers (umbrella strollers are acceptable), rolling luggage and wheeled backpacks are not allowed in the Exhibit Halls. No strollers are allowed in any of our panel rooms. Strollers can be kept in our information booth under the Stroller Check-in.
11. Weapons policy
Please review our entire weapons policy before attending The ScareFest. Failure to adhere to our policy may result in your item being confiscated or your removal from the show without refund.
The following items are not permitted at The ScareFest:
Functional firearms (this also includes air soft guns, bb guns, cap guns, paintball guns and pellet guns)
Realistic replica firearms (reproductions, fake or toy guns that can be confused for functional firearms). It must be obvious hat the firearm is a prop.
Sharpened metal-bladed weapons (swords, daggers, axes, bat’leth, throwing stars and knives, etc)
Functional projectile weapons (crossbows, long bows, short bows, slingshots, etc)
Explosives (including firecrackers and fireworks)
Blunt weapons (brass knuckles, hockey sticks, clubs, nunchaku, baseball bats)
Hard prop weapons (metal, fiberglass, etc)
Anything that could, whether accidentally or purposefully, cause injury to another attendee.
Memberships, Passes, and Badges
1. Where can I purchase passes for The ScareFest Convention?
You can purchase passes online, right here.
2. Are The ScareFest passes transferable?
All ScareFest passes are transferable with full documentation.
3. What payment methods are available for membership purchase?
We sell our memberships through Showclix, and they accept various credit cards and PayPal. If you do not have a credit card, perhaps look into a pre-paid credit card. If you choose to wait and buy your pass at the door the pass prices will be $5.00 more than the online advance membership sales.
4. Can I get a refund on my membership(s)?
Yes, for a limited time. Refunds are available through June 1st, 2016. As of June 2nd, 2016, passes are non-refundable. You can get a refund by emailing ShowClix Support directly . There will be a non-refundable service fee deducted from the original purchase price of the pass or item returned.
5. I am having a problem with my membership, can you help?
For any issues with your membership, please contact Showclix Support.
6. Who or where do I call if I have a question about the memberships that I purchased?
If you have already purchased your ScareFest memberships, you can email Showclix, or call 1-888-718-4253. Please do so before June 2nd, 2016.
Panels, Seminars, and Workshops
1. What is a panel?
Panels are generally a fifty (50) minute long program on a specific topic. This might include but is not limited to individuals, fan groups, industry professionals (writers, authors, artists, editors, and publisher for example), and celebrities on stage speaking and taking questions on the panels topic. Panels will be hosted in a designated panel room and a listing of this year’s panels will be available online shortly before the start of the convention and in the provided program guide available on site when you arrive.
2. How do I request a panel, Seminar Speaker, or Workshop?
You can submit a Request for an appearance by emailing the Director of Programming with your Name, Title, Bio and Type of program you wish to offer. If you are approved, you will be sent an agreement to appear at ScareFest and your schedule. The ScareFest starts accepting requests on February 1, 2016 and closes on July 1, 2016. Send your request for a Speaker application Here
3. I am having trouble submitting a request for panel, seminar speaker or Workshop. What should I do?
Please send an email to the Director of Programming.
1. Where are the celebrity guests located during the show?
Celebrity guests can be found at their assigned booths at the back of the exhibit hall. The Celebrity booth designations can be found on our website and in the physical program guide at the show.
2. How do I get a celebrity autograph?
Once you locate the guests, each booth will have a line system. Once you reach the front of the line you will pay for, and subsequently receive, one real and genuine celebrity autograph.
3. Can I get anything signed?
You can get anything within reason, and within the parameters of good taste signed. Items that can be signed may include, but certainly aren’t limited to: DVDs/VHS tapes/other media, props, clothing, posters, and appropriate body parts. The final decision on which items to sign will be determined by the celebrity signing the item.
4. What is an Autograph Session?
This is the period of time during which a celebrity guest will be at their booth to sign autographs. Usually they will be at their booths during the hours of the convention unless specified on website. It is the ScareFest intention to book all celebrities for the full three days of ScareFest. However, sometimes we will make an exception and have a star appear on a restricted day or time. This time will be noted on the star’s listing on the website. Please check the website frequently for these updates. There will be other times when the star must take a food break or appear on a panel. If you go to their booth and it is empty please make arrangements to come back to their booth at a later time. Most stars will leave a post on the table to let the fans know what time they will return.
5. How much do autographs cost?
We have no way of knowing what autograph pricing will be. The price is set by the individual talent. Generally, pricing is set at $25-$50. You should expect most to average $35.00.That will vary from guest to guest, but all prices will be posted on the website well in advance of the convention, printed in the program guide, and on the signage at the celebrity’s booth.
6. How many autographs can I buy?
How much money do you want to spend? Most guests won’t limit the number of items they’ll sign, but do be aware that each autograph costs the same. If you want four autographs, you’ll need to pay four times the fee. We also ask that you be considerate of the guests as well as all of the attendees in line behind you. Please don’t monopolize the time of the former or test the patience of the latter.
7. How do I pay for an autograph?
American dollars at the Celebrity’s booth. You cannot buy autographs in advance, and you cannot use credit cards, gift certificates, or any other form of currency. ATM’s are located in the food court and Rupp Arena lobby. There is also an ATM located in the Hyatt Regency lobby, located adjacent to the Lexington Center.
8. If I don’t want an autograph but want to meet a guest, may I just walk up and meet them?
Yes. As long as you are not breaking into the lines to do so. Even if you just want to meet them you must still stand in line.
9. When do Autograph Sessions start?
Most of the Celebrities will be at their booths once the con opens and stay until closing, depending on the rest of the guests’ schedules (i.e. panels, photo ops, etc.) All start times will be posted on the website, in the program guide, and on the booth signage.
10. When do Autograph Sessions end?
Either the line dries up and the guest steps away for a break, or the guest has to get to a panel, photo op, or some other convention awesomeness. If you ever walk up to a booth without a celebrity guest sitting at it, ask one of our ScareFest Staph sitting at the table or in the immediate area. They’ll be able to tell you when to expect the guest to return, but be sure to consult the posted schedule on the table of their booth.
11. What is a Celebrity Photo Op?
Short for Photograph Opportunity, a Photo Op is your chance to get this close to your favorite on-screen star and have actual evidence to show your friends when they don’t believe you. We also offer photo op pre-sales for certain stars TBA, so please check the website often.
12. How do I get a Celebrity Photo Op?
These are the professional photo ops taken at the SyFy Guys booth – location TBA. You can buy these ops online at Show Clix or anytime during the convention at the photo ops sales table – location TBA.
13. How much do Celebrity Photo Ops cost?
That will vary from guest to guest, and will also vary from single photo ops (with just one celebrity) to group photo ops (with two or more celebrity guests). Prices for all available photo ops will be posted on signage all over the photo ops area as well as in the program guide.
14. How many Celebrity Photo Ops can I get?
As many as you can afford, and as many as time will allow.
15. How do I pay for a Photo Op?
With American dollars, on-site. No credit cards. ATM’s are located in the food court and Rupp Arena lobby. There is also an ATM located in the Hyatt Regency lobby, located adjacent to the Lexington Center. Credit cards and PayPal are accepted online for pre-sale photo ops.
16. How many people are allowed in one purchased Photo Op?
Up to 2 people (adults/children) can be in one photo op. More than that, and you may be required to pay for a second photo op.
17. When do Photo Ops start?
They will start at various times during the day and all start times will be posted on the website, in the program guide, and on the ample signage in the photo ops area. Sales for any given photo op will be cut off when the photo op begins. There is a limit to the sale of the photo ops per star. If we sell out due to online sales there will be no onsite photo op. Click here to purchase in advance your photo ops.
18. When do Photo Ops end?
They end when the last person in line gets their picture taken.
19. Are the celebrity guests there the whole time?
The guests will be present until all of the people who are there for the photo op have passed through (unless you’re really late, but we’ll address that in the next couple questions.) Once the last photo is taken, the guest will be moving on along to whatever is next for them.
20. How early should I arrive for a Photo Op?
Most Photo Ops last for one hour. You should be in the correct line for the photo op you paid for at least 15 minutes before the session is scheduled to begin. We can’t stress this enough, because it doesn’t take as long as you’d think to get through an average line and if you aren’t there and the queue empties and the guest moves on you’re out of luck.
21. What if I miss the Photo Op I paid for?
If that happens, then find the customer service station at the photo ops area. We can make sure that you either get rescheduled for that guest’s next photo op or a photo op with a different guest.
22. Will I get a refund?
If you bought a photo op and the celebrity guest cancels it, you will have the option of transferring your purchase to that guest’s next scheduled photo op or a photo op with a different guest. If you miss the photo op you bought because you forgot about it, showed up after the op was scheduled to start and found it had completed already, or otherwise mismanaged your convention time, no refund will be issued.
23. When do I get the print of my Photo Op?
Your photos will be printed and ready for you to pick up within 2 hours. This will give you time to visit the other celebrities and vendors and still have plenty of time to get in line if you wish to have your photo signed by the celebrity in your photo.
24. Do I just get one Photo Op print?
With the paid photo op, you’ll get one shiny 8×10 of you and your chosen celebrity. You will have the option of purchasing as many duplicates as you want, as well as digital copies, as well as protective sleeves, either during the initial purchase or at checkout after you’ve had your photo taken.
25. Why do some celebrities allow photos taken at their booth and some don't?
Because contract terms are different for each celebrity, you will find some celebrities do not allow photos at their booths. This is based on celebrity discretion and is not a rule set by ScareFest.
1. When is the costume contest?
The ScareFest costume contest will be held just before the Costume Ball on Saturday, October 1, 2016, starting at 8:00 PM.
2. How do I watch the costume contest?
You will need an admission pass that gives you access to the ScareFest on Saturday, but otherwise all you have to do is show up early to line up in the pre-function area. Then you’re welcome to watch and cheer on the contestants!
3. If I want to compete, do I need to register?
You do need to register for the costume contest. Sign up starts at 6:00 PM in the pre-function area at info booth.
4. I want to register for (or attend) the Costume Contest: what ScareFest pass do I need to purchase?
The Costume Contest and Costume Ball is on Saturday evening so you’ll need to have purchased one of these memberships, Platinum, Golden, 3-Day , 2 day or Saturday membership.
5. I have another question about the costume contest not answered here.
Please e-mail us with any other questions.
Schedule of Events
1. When, where and what time is the Costume Ball, how much does it cost, and where do we get the passes?
The Costume Ball is on Saturday, October 1, 2016, at 10:00 pm, Location outside the ScareFest entrance in the prefunction area. There will be a cash bar and you must be 21 years or older to attend the Costume Ball. This event is FREE to ScareFest Fans with a Platinum, Golden, 3-day, 2-Day or Saturday membership.
2. When, where, and what time is the VIP party, what is the cost, and where do we go to get the passes?
Only Golden and Platinum memberships, and stars can go to the VIP party. The VIP Party is Sept., Friday 30th, at 10:00 pm, at TBA. There will be a cash bar with drink specials and a beer only bar. You must be 21 years or older to attend the VIP Party.
3. Will there be a schedule of events so I can plan my day and my evenings while at ScareFest?
Yes, each year we plan to have parties and events for all our fans which most are Free and are included in the ticket price. Please go to the Entertainers & Events page to print out a copy of the schedule for you to refer to while you are at ScareFest.
4. What Midnight movies are playing at the Kentucky Theater on Friday and Saturday night?
Friday: Friday 13th
5. Where is the Kentucky Theater located and how far is it from the ScareFest Event?
It is located on 214 East Main St., and is three blocks from the Lexington Center.
6. When and what time do Wicked World and ScareGrounds open, and what is the cost?
The Wicked World and ScareGrounds open for ScareFest fans on Friday, Sept 30th and Sunday, Oct 1st, 2016 at 7:30 pm until midnight.a
All Golden and Platinum ticket holders get one single attraction for FREE or can upgrade to the Triple Threat Combo for $10.
All other ScareFest ticket holders can get $2.00 off a Triple Threat Combo with your ScareFest proof of purchase receipt.
7:30 to Midnight - Friday & Saturday
7:30 to 10pm - Thursday & Sunday
NO ONE IS ALLOWED INSIDE AFTER CLOSING EXCEPT THOSE ALREADY IN LINE
Click here to get directions
Wicked World ScareGrounds will have a booth at ScareFest, and will sell tickets in advance. You must have an advanced ticket to enter Wicked World.
7. When, where, and what is the cost to join Chip Coffey in the Gallery Reading?
Chip Coffey’s gallery readings will be:
Saturday, 2:30pm - 3pm at the Heritage Ballroom
Please Purchase Tickets at Chip’s Booth or go online.
1. How do I apply for a Press pass?
Contact our Media Director. Once you send your request for Press passes you will be sent an application. All approvals must be completed by July 1, 2016. You will be notified if your application was approved or not, and given further instruction from there.
2. Can I conduct interviews without a Press pass?
Only those approved applicants with valid Press Passes will be allowed to conduct on-site interviews with anyone. All interview requests for Celebrity Guests will need to be pre-screened and approved in advance.
Volunteering to become a Staph Member at ScareFest
1. When does the Volunteer Staph Membership Application open?
Our volunteer staph application is currently available by emailing us and requesting an application. We sincerely value our ScareFest Staph for all their hard work and dedication to our convention.
2. If I’m under the age of 18 can I volunteer?
No, unfortunately you cannot as we have restricted our volunteer Staph member to be 18+.